Thursday, October 14, 2010

Singing and Dancing When Nobody's Around

Whenever I am the only person in my house, I really enjoy singing very loud and dancing like a complete idiot. I mean like a total and complete dork, I really get into it. I’m pretty sure my neighbors can hear me though. They’re probably just getting up and suddenly hear someone shouting the lyrics of Frank Valli’s ‘Can’t Take My Eyes Off You’ (A song I know all the words to thanks to the radio at work), always cracking at the high notes. I can just hear them talking to each other "What a jerk!" or "Will someone shut that kid up?" or "Do you hear that singing? It's probably coming from the only house on the street that isn't renting"

I have injured myself many, many times whilst dancing around my living room. I have hit my foot on the coffee table so many times, I really can’t feel pain in my right foot anymore. I’ve slipped and fell a few times trying to slide across the linoleum floor in the kitchen (I do that move mostly just after Christmas when I get new socks for presents) And one time I was dancing and ended up standing on the couch, and I just simply fell.

The shower of course is still the best place for singing. The acoustics of a bathroom plus the sound filter of running water is almost as good as Auto-Tune. I sound like hot shit when I sing in the shower. You ever notice how odd the combination of the bathroom and music is though? People love music in the bathroom. They'll sing the shower, get a shower radio, whistle on the toilet... something about bathrooms just brings the inner Mozart out in everyone. What's my favorite song to sing the shower? Surprisingly I love to sing a great oldie, Bobby Darin's 'Beyond The Sea'. I sing it more than anything else. I don't know why, I just always really liked it.

On the subject of music, Halloween is coming up, so the music has changed at work, and I can only guess that when I'm at work today, I'll only hear "The Timewarp" thirty times. And I'm pretty positive that should I be down an isolated aisle where I'm all alone, I will do The Timewarp every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment