Friday, October 8, 2010

Mountain Dew, Facebook, C-SPAN

I would like to mention my utter dismay and so called "bummed outness" at the fact that I had to settle for a Mountain Dew: Livewire out of the cooler at work because we are out of Mountain Dew: Code Red right now.

First off, let's set down some universal truths: Code Red is delicious... Livewire sucks something awful, and that's not up for debate at all. Around 5:45 p.m., as I went on my fifteen minute break, I walked with a bit of a chipper swagger (almost a full dance) down the paint aisle to the front to get a Code Red that I had been daydreaming about (that's how exciting my daydreams are).

It just makes so much sense that it would be the only pop we DIDN'T have...everything else was stocked to the front, almost spilling out, but no Code Red anywhere. I muttered a quiet 'shit' under my breath and then I saw Livewire and almost puked in my mouth (I even might've actually puked in my mouth, or maybe it was just taste of Livewire).

Lately also, I've been spending too much time on Facebook. I will though be brave enough to admit that I am one of those douche bags who think that they have clever statuses. Sometimes I do write something that I think is really really funny, and nobody will like it, and I kinda go 'what the fuck, that was funny!'... i'm not saying it's right, i'm just being real with myself.

I've always had a hard time falling asleep...that was until I got hooked on a sedative called C-SPAN. Have you ever watched a House Subcommittee Hearing on Domestic Agricultural Quotas late at night? It takes five minutes before it just absolutely ravages your body and you fall into a deep sleep. It almost like Valium is being crumbled up and is being vented out through your televisions speakers when you listen to Rep. Bart Stupak (MI-1 D) talk about farmers in America. I'll wake up in the morning and see C-SPAN still on the TV, and I'll notice I'm still in my work clothes, my lights are still on, and there is a half eaten plate of food on my bed and remark 'wow, did that knock me out or what?"

No comments:

Post a Comment