Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Half Assing It


That's pretty much the work I've been doing around the house lately. Anytime I set to do something at home, I give it a lackluster, mediocre effort. I give it the so-called "community college' try. For example, yesterday I did a load of laundry, and at this moment I am still not done with it. I put a load in the washer around 3 pm yesterday, and completely forgot about it, so my clothes didn't go into the dryer until around 8 pm. I forgot about the dryer, and pulled my clothes out around 10: 30 pm. I folded them on the floor of my office, and there they are still sitting, at 5:01 pm the next day.

But they are just one mountain of incomplete work laying around the house with my stamp of approval all over it. There are books scattered all over the place that I took off the shelf, read the first three pages and got distracted by something else (probably TV or the internet).

My room itself has completely self destructed itself into a den of a crazed, rabid, fiend. There is just crap tossed all over the place. But the fact remains that I am just too damn tired to get anything done anymore. With all the clutter, mess, and complete disregard for the sanitary integrity of the dwelling, should one see the room without knowing who it belongs to, they would assume it would be either a madman just inches away from being the homeless guy at the car wash, or a drug addict who likes to read.
(DISCLAIMER: I am not inches away from being the crazy homeless guy at the car wash, nor am I drug addict who likes to read)

I will keep putting it off just like I have put off doing other things in my house. Things such as finding out how to fix that damn hole in the ceiling, recaulking the bath tub, or even finally getting around to picking up those branches I put in a pile behind my van when we had that fierce wind I don't know how long ago... oh, I should probably take the bottles back. They've been piling up in the garage for like the past three years.

Well, I am very happy to report that while I was taking a break from writing this entry, I successfully installed a new toilet seat in the bathroom. Of course it only took forty seconds, but nonetheless I completed something around the house! Having done that, I guess I can leave the mess in my room, the caulking in the bathtub, the bottles in the garage, and the large branches behind my van for awhile longer. Oh yeah, I'll probably leave that hole in the ceiling in the back hallway for now as well too. After all, there's only so much I can do in one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment